So if you want to change the welcome banner that users see when they FTP into their web site on your Windows based server. Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager allows you to change the welcome banner for FTP server.
How do I change FTP banner?
- Login as admin
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Expand FTP sites (from tree view)
- Right-click on the particular FTP site, select Properties
- Click on the Messages tab
- Setup new message
- Save the changes
- You can test the changes with ftp command. Type the ftp command as follows: