Worldwide mobile telephone subscriptions reached 3.3 billion equivalent to half the global population. In other words number of mobile phones now equal to half the human species.
In recent years the industry has seen surging growth in outskirts of China and India, helped by constantly falling phone and call prices, with cellphone vendors already eyeing inroads into Africa’s countryside to keep up the growth.
GSM is the most popular technology followed by CDMA technology.
=> Global cellphone penetration reaches 50 pct
With recent victory for India, our position in ICC test cricket is at number two. Thanks to Indian spin duo Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh, India scored 259-run victory in Ahmedabad on Thursday. India won the three match series with 2-0. And no wonder Harbhajan was declared man of the match, while Kumble man of the series.
ICC Test rankings as on 23-Dec-2005
- #1 : Australia ( 128 points)
- #2 : India ( 115 points)
- #3 : England ( 113 points)
- #4 : Pakistan ( 103 points)
- #5 : S Africa ( 100 points)
- #6 : N Zealand ( 100 points)
- #7 : Sri Lanka ( 96 points)
- #8 : W Indies ( 73 points)
- #9 : Zimbabwe ( 27 points)
- #10 : Bangladesh ( 5 points)