Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin. The worst part is they do not disappear completely. Stretch marks can be caused by any one of the following reasons:
- Weight gain / obesity
- Body (muscle) building
- Hormonal changes associated with puberty etc.
They can appear anywhere on the body, but are most likely common places are the:
- Upper arms
- Belly-button (abdomen)
Health Risk Associated With Stretch Marks
Stretch Marks pose no health risk in and of themselves, and do not compromise the body's ability to function normally and may repair itself. However, in most cases you need to use any of the (or combination of all) following technique to get rid of stretch marks:
- Control your diet.
- Certain oils or creams can prevent the development of stretchmarks. However, you need to talk to your local health care service provider before using any oils or creams.
- Some people claims that cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer, byt no research studies have shown its ability to prevent or reduce stretchmarks.
- A surgical procedure called tummy tuck available. There is also fractional laser resurfacing for treating striae.
- Remember stretch marks are scars: they cannot be removed. Their appearance can only be reduced.