My friend recently asked me a question:
Where can you find a free POP3 server?
POP3 has made earlier versions of the protocol obsolete. Generally you will not find a free POP3 server. Usually your ISP or webhosting company provides IMAP or POP3 access.
But where can get a free POP server?
You can use Google’s GMAIL service which provides a free POP3 service. You can download email using POP3 and send email using Googles SMTP server. According to Google:
POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you aren't connected to the Internet.
POP access is free for all Gmail users and we have no plans to charge for it in the future.
Learn more about accessing your Gmail messages with POP
Rain forest are forest with heavy annual rainfall. I always see the rainforests on Discovery or Natgeo tv channel. And, I was wondering why does it rain so frequently in the rainforests?
Cold can relieve pain and reduce inflammation says the new study findings. Protein senses cold Single receptor responds to cold and menthol:
Three papers, two published recently in Neuron and the third in this week's issue of Nature, have shown that mice rely on a single protein, called TRPM8, to sense both cold temperatures and menthol, the compound that gives mints their cool sensation.
The sensor also controls the pain-relieving effect of cool temperatures, but does not seem to play an important role in the response to painfully cold temperatures below 10 C.
TRPM8 is in the same family as the protein that detects heat and capsaicin, the compound that makes peppers hot. These proteins lie in the cell membranes of select neurons, and form channels that open and close in response to external signals.
Both cold temperatures and menthol trigger TRPM8 to open, allowing small, positively charged molecules, such as calcium ions, to pour into the cell.
We use mobile phone everyday. I own a blackberry and a Nokia phone. In the 90s the cellphone was a luxury item. I thought it would be an interesting idea to dig out a little history about mobile phone.
Dr. Martin Cooper of Motorola, made the first US analogue mobile phone call
- Dr. Martin Cooper of Motorola is considered to be the inventor of the first practical mobile phone. On April 3, 1973, Martin placed a call to rival Joel Engel, head of research at AT&T's Bell Labs, while walking the streets of New York City talking on the first Motorola DynaTAC prototype.
- In 1940s Motorola developed a backpacked two-way radio, the Walkie-Talkie and a large hand-held two-way radio for the US military. The same technology developed further and produced the mobile phone that we know today.
- In 1946 USSR (Russia) successfully tested their version of a radio mobile phone mounted inside a car.
- The modern handheld cell phone era began in 1973 when Motorola invented the first cellular portable telephone to be commercialised, known as Motorola DynaTAC 8000X.
- On October 13, 1983, the pilot commercial cellular system of Illinois Bell begins operating in Chicago. The second pilot system run by ARTS in partnership with Motorola begins operation in Baltimore/Washington on December 16, 1983.
- By 1984, Washington, DC has two competing cellular providers,
- By 1988, many cellular systems (particularly New York and Los Angeles) are already becoming overloaded as the promise of nearly infinite expansion of capacity from cell splitting turns out to be more costly and difficult than foreseen.
- The Motorola StarTac was the first phone in the world with Vibrating alert function. It was unveiled in North America on January 3, 1996. StarTACs remained popular until the early 2000s.
- The Sharp J-SH04 was the industry's first mobile phone to feature an integrated 110,000-pixel CMOS image sensor for taking digital photos (camera mobile phone).
- By 2003 or 2004 Blackberry begun to take the market by storm. The phone were optimized for wireless email communication. GPRS could provide data rates from 56 kbit/s up to 114 kbit/s. It can be used for services such as Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) access, Short Message Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), and for Internet communication services such as email and World Wide Web access.
- On January 9, 2007 Apple unveiled the iPhone to the public.
WHERE WERE MOBILE PHONES FIRST USED?
=> United States of America (USA)
These days we use second generation (2G) GSM / CDMA / TDMA mobile networks and phones. Many service providers now looking to create a third generation (3G) mobile network. The most significant feature offered by third generation mobile technologies is the capacity to support greater numbers of voice and data customers but as usual it is quite expensive to roll out. Now, a 4G system is expected to provide a comprehensive and secure all-IP based solution where facilities such as IP telephony, ultra-broadband Internet access, gaming services, and streamed multimedia may be provided to users.
A wiki is website just like any other website which allows guest and registered users to add, modify, edit content. Anyone can modify content. It follows online collaboration model and good for building wiki. Sometime wiki also refers to the collaborative software such as wikimedia.
According to wikipedia:
The first wiki (WikiWikiWeb) was developed by Ward Cunningham in the mid-1990. The word wiki is a Hawaiian word meaning "quick". Wiki systems are therefore designed so that their content can be made available in a quick and uncomplicated manner.